Dedicated servers are typically suitable for businesses that need to deal with heavy web traffic and require additional security web hosting options. You have a mission-critical project and cannot afford sharing resources (storage, processing speed and RAM) with anyone else? Then dedicated server is a must for your company. This is a superb solution that is leased by one client on a non-sharing basis.
When you decide to order a dedicated server, you should consider several important factors. That will save you from making mistakes and help to find the most optimal hosting plan.
Selecting the best dedicated server pay attention to:
- The choice of operating system (Windows or Linux, Joomla and Java) should depend on the compatibility of all these with your business applications and other programs.
- Ensure that dedicated server environment can be easily scaled up and down for you to adjust to changing traffic and other resource needs like processing speed, RAM, memory, and so on.
- The price of dedicated server hosting plan matters, because ROI depends on it, too. Compare the prices of decent dedicated server plans and your own budget and IT requirements. Don’t strive to select the cheapest solution – you need to find the one that makes sense for your business while staying affordable.
- All worthy dedicated server providers should offer data back up. It’s crucial, because it helps to restore web assets in case of failures and data loss. Sometimes this service comes as default, sometimes it’s fairly charged – look for the prices carefully. Keep in mind that the datacenter where your dedicated server is hosted is also responsible for data stored there. Your server should come with reliable disaster recovery infrastructure.
- You should decide what kind of solution you need: a dedicated server with 100 mbps unlimited bandwidth, or a server with 4 Tb storage, or a server with 128 Gb RAM. That will help you to choose the most suitable plan for your requirements.
- Migration Services. If one day you decide to migrate to another server, your provider should render such possibility. Check the prices for this option, as well.
If you realize that your website traffic is constantly growing, an unmetered dedicated server is a great option. It provides you with as many resources as required, so your website will never suffer from shortage of bandwidth and RAM.